[Samba] samba authenticate to 2K AD?

Scott Wrosch swrosch at MarketingAssociates.com
Wed Dec 11 20:18:01 GMT 2002

Check this out:

http://us6.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.html#WINBIND

Should help you out dramatically.  I use winbind here, and it works
flawlessly, for the most part.

Scott Wrosch
desk 248.333.7700 x227
email swrosch at marketingassociates.com
-----Original Message-----
From: Alexander Lazarevich [mailto:alazarev at hera.itg.uiuc.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 3:13 PM
To: Simo Sorce
Subject: Re: [Samba] samba authenticate to 2K AD?

cool, thanks. but are you saying that winbind works - it really does
authenticate a linux box to a 2K server active directory?, youve seen it
work?, and if i install new service packs on the 2K server will that
destroy the authentication of winbind running on the linux box using
samba?

thanks!

alex
   Alex Lazarevich | Systems | Imaging Technology Group
   alazarev at itg.uiuc.edu | (217)244-1565 | www.itg.uiuc.edu