[Samba] samba authenticate to 2K AD?

Alexander Lazarevich alazarev at hera.itg.uiuc.edu
Wed Dec 11 19:48:00 GMT 2002

Has anyone on this list been able to configure samba in such a way so that
it will authenticate to windows 2K acitve directory.

What I want to do is this: install samba 2.2.7 onto a Redhat linux 7.3
system, then configure samba (I think using something called smb_pam) so
that it will join the windows active directory domain.

Is such a thing possible? Has anyone here done it? I can't find this
anywhere in the samba documentation. All it talks about is making samba
the PDC, which I don't want to do. I can't get rid of my AD, arrrrghhh...

I know this can be done with ldap_pam, but I'd prefer to do it with samba.

If you could point me to some documentation, that would be excellent!

Thanks!

Alex
   Alex Lazarevich | Systems | Imaging Technology Group
   alazarev at itg.uiuc.edu | (217)244-1565 | www.itg.uiuc.edu