[Samba] 2 Samba PDC and 1 LDAP Server.

Bruno Gimenes Pereti pereti at ump.edu.br
Wed Dec 11 17:47:00 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I have 2 samba PDCs, each on is on a isolated network and on firewall in
both networks. The first samba server is authenticating in a LDAP
server, the other one is authenticating with smbpasswd file.
I intend to create all the users acounts for the second samba server in
the same LDAP server and use it to authenticate users from both samba
servers.
The problem is... There is users that should have access to both domains
and users that should be restricted to only one of them.
The question is... Is it possible? I could create one group for each
domain and restrict the access using the acls in the LDAP server or
using the ldap filter parameter in the samba server. Could this work?
What is the better way?

Thank's

Bruno Pereti.