[Samba] Samba 2.2.7a released
Gerald (Jerry) Carter
jerry at samba.org
Wed Dec 11 17:34:01 GMT 2002
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
The Samba Team is proud to announce the release of Samba 2.2.7a.
This is the latest stable release of Samba and the version that all
production Samba servers should be running for all current bug-fixes.
The source code can be downloaded from :
in the file samba-2.2.7a.tar.gz or samba-2.2.7a.tar.bz2.
Both archives have been signed as well using the Samba
Binary packages will be released shortly for major platforms and
can be found at
The release notes follow.
As always, all bugs are our responsibility.
The Samba Team
WHAT'S NEW IN Samba 2.2.7a - 10th December 2002
This is the latest stable release of Samba. This is the version
that all production Samba servers should be running for all current
bug-fixes. The primary reason for this release is to correct problems
with large file (>2Gb) support. Please see the "Changes..." section
for more details.
Changes since 2.2.7
See the cvs log for SAMBA_2_2 for more details
1) Fix for smbclient reporting negative file sizes on dir command
and negative statistics being reported when using put or get
on large files.
2) Fix bug in determination of allocation size
3) Fix 64bit size problems which prevented copying of files larger
than 2 GBytes.
4) Fix for xcopy /s problem with old DOS clients not sending correct
attributes on subsequent SMBsearch calls.
5) Fix bug in call to standard_sub_advanced giving a 0 length. This
fixes the string overflow in string_sub errors.
6) Correctly handle querygroup rpcclient command
7) fix broken incremental tar in smbtar command
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.0 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: For info see http://quantumlab.net/pine_privacy_guard/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the samba