[Samba] Re: Non-installation of Samba

Wolfram Quester wquester at gandalf.physik.uni-konstanz.de
Wed Dec 11 15:28:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

I observed discussions about that earlier on this list,
but most were quite unhelpfull or no replies.
There are two things I remember: The one was to use gcc because it
doesn't work with the sun compiler on solaris, the other was the
following answer:

> ST> I have many instances of this but no real solutions
> ST> I have RH7.2 and gcc 2.95-3 compiled by hand
> ST> attached is configure output for compilation
> ST>checking for conflicting AUTH_ERROR define in rpc/rpc.h... no
> ST>checking for test routines... configure: error: cant find test code.
> Aborting
> I was have this problem with 2.2.5-10
> Solution : configure --enable-cups=no
> because 'cups' want libssl, and this library includes into $LIBS
> (in my config) this library exist, but in config.log write "-lssl not
> found"
> I can't talk to 'configure' what it must search libraries in /lib path
> I disable cups :)
> Good Luck
> 	Alexander Kuznetsov.

But even this doesn't sound as a proper solution to me.

Sorry for Non-helping,

	Wolfi