[Samba] Re: Access Samba Servers from the Internet?

Jason Pickering jpickeri at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 11 13:11:20 GMT 2002

This is certainly possible, but might not be so advisable. It would be more
secure to set-up a VPN connection from your client to your host and then
login that way. Of course, it is possible to access your SMB share through a
windoze machine by the \\SERVER_IP\SHARE_NAME method. It will work, but
seems terribly insecure to me!
"DrTebi" <drtebi at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:0003b0ff31e6ee0a_mailit at smtp.mail.yahoo.com...
> Hello,
> I have a little question that I am not sure about:
> I will set up a server at a hosting facility, is it possible to install
Samba