[Samba] incomprehesible quirk

pippo at bellnet.ca pippo at bellnet.ca
Wed Dec 11 01:46:01 GMT 2002

At 07:51 PM 12/10/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>You could just kill sighup smbdprocessid
>On linux it is kill -1.

Why would I do that?
The machine is running, smbd is running; I just want to log on and print. :))
I don't want to go through the contortions of shutting a process down and
then restarting it just to do a simple function (printing).

>You might post your smb.conf.
>Have you run testparm?

Of course, I did. :))
As a matter of fact, I even deleted the [print$] section in my latest edit
and print saga...

I'll post the smb.conf file tomorrow. It's been too long a day...
PJ