[Samba] Help: session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

Cedric Spence spence23 at adelphia.net
Wed Dec 11 01:43:01 GMT 2002

I am trying to join a win2k machine to a samba Domain.

  Samba is the only PDC on the Network

everytime I try to add the windows 2000 computer to the Domain using the
root user, I get the error " The following error occured

attempting to join the domain "nextechvt" The Specified user dooes not
exist'

I used the smbclient tool to troubleshoot and get this error when I use
smbclient -L //server gets "session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE".

Can Anyone Help Me