[Samba] Has anybody got ACL to work w/ debian, winbindd in a w2k mixed domain?

Jacob Malmberg thundercall1 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 10 23:06:00 GMT 2002

I dont get the #1-part. Can you please explain a little more in detail what
you add to sources.list? Also, I dont have /etc/apt/preferences. Can I just
make one with the contents of the one you pasted here?

And the #3:
I mount /dev/hda1 as /mnt/asd with this line:

mount -t ext2 -o acl -o user_xattr /dev/hda1 /mnt/asd/

setfacl works as a charm on /mnt/asd after that.
However, if I mount the partition with /home/ and /lib/ and all the other
stuff with the line:
mount -t ext2 -o acl -o user_xattr /dev/hda2 /mnt/hdd/

Then setfacl returns this:
setfacl: directory/file: Operation not supported.
I set the acl by the command setfacl -m u:user:rwx /path. I used to run
2.4.20 before you mailed me with the same result so I gave your solution a
shot with the same result. What am I doing wrong? I have all the different
packages installed...

regards,
Jacob