[Samba] Re: Need a cron script written

Jacob Anawalt anawaltaj at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 10 22:02:09 GMT 2002

Well -f (force) has been mentioned, but since you specificaly said you'd
like to answer yes, use yes.

yes | cp -a  (or whatever flags you want for cp)

It's a funny little program (but usefull, I'm not knocking it). Run it by
itself just for fun. Remember ctrl-c to break...

Jacob

"Brent Torrenga" <brent.torrenga at torrenga.com> wrote in message
news:NBEILKHCGCACMALJPLOMMEOFCAAA.brent.torrenga at torrenga.com...
> Kevin,
> I use the same technique, and only use "cp -R", it does it fine on my
> Mandrake 8.2 machine. Is there also a way to tell cp to answer yes to any
> questions?
>
> --Brent
>

> From: "Kevin Brown" <isp at dotgonepc.com>
> To: samba at lists.samba.org
> Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 21:33:06 -0800
> Subject: [Samba] Need a cron script written
>
> I do this manually:
> smbmount //Beverley/C /home/data
> pwd: "insert pwd"
> cp -ruv /home/samba/public /home/data
> smbumount /home/data
>
> This lets me do the following:
> make a copy of all my samba shares on the server to a client named
Beverley