[Samba] Re: smbtar and incremental backup

Jacob Anawalt anawaltaj at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 10 20:16:01 GMT 2002

I forgot, there is a comment about the tarmode needing to be set to fix a
fix that changed the default to not archive system and hidden files.

I didn't test to see if this was still the case, but it sounds like changing
the tarmode to inc is the better option, unless the -T[args] are allowed to
override the tarmode and -T flags are added for system and hidden files, or
if just calling tarmode without specifying an option still grabs those files
(it says it is going to).

Ie: -c 'tarmode'

Maybe the tar system and hidden files flags should be added for tarmode and
tar/-T anyway to avoid any misunderstanding of whether an archive is going
to contain those files or not.

Jacob Anawalt