[Samba] Non-installation of Samba

Heald, Richard Richard.Heald at alliance-leicester.co.uk
Tue Dec 10 16:31:45 GMT 2002

Hi,

I am attempting install of samba 2.2.7 on a Sequent (IBM) Dynix 4.4.6
platform.

I downloaded the samba-latest.tar from the samba website:

samba.mirror.ac.uk/samba/download.html

Having unzipped and untarred the file, I then started as per the "how to",
very first part.

I ran "./configure" which generated a number of messages before failing as
follows:

checking for kernel change notify support... no
checking for kernel share modes... no
checking for IRIX kernel oplock type definitions... no
checking for irix specific capabilities... no
checking for int16 typedef included by rpc/rpc.h... no
checking for uint16 typedef included by rpc/rpc.h... no
checking for int32 typedef included by rpc/rpc.h... no
checking for uint32 typedef included by rpc/rpc.h... no
checking for conflicting AUTH_ERROR define in rpc/rpc.h... no
checking for test routines... configure: error: cant find test code.
Aborting config
#

I have searched the documentation for troubleshooting concerning install to
no avail.  Please can you help, or point me in the right direction.

TIA

Richard Heald (0116 272 6294)

ALLIANCE & LEICESTER PLC, CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This communication, and the information it contains
a) is intended for the addressee named above and for no other person or organisation, and
b) may be confidential and/or legally privileged and/or protected in law.

Access to this communication by anyone other than the addressee is unauthorised.
Unauthorised use, copying or disclosure of all or part of this communication is strictly prohibited and maybe unlawful.

If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail and destroy all copies of this communication.

Alliance & Leicester plc is a member of the Legal & General Marketing Group, which is regulated by the FSA.
Alliance & Leicester plc only sells the life assurance and investment products of that group.

Alliance & Leicester plc, Registered office : Carlton Park, Narborough, Leicester LE19 0AL.
Company No: 3263713. Registered in England.