[Samba] smbclient returns incorrect file size for large files

Jimmy Roe jimmyroe at go.com
Tue Dec 10 13:10:01 GMT 2002

Using the SAMBA_2_2 source from CVS has changed things but it has not corrected the problem.

Using smbclient to obtain a directory listing now shows the size of a 8,522,525,696 byte file as 4227558400. When creating a tar archive of the share, the warning message is now:

File size change - truncating FILE to -67408896 bytes

Herb Lewis wrote:

Can you try the latest CVS for SAMBA_2_2? There were some fixes
checked in recently to address this. Let me know if you have
problems with that version.