[Samba] serious problem with W2K TS and 2.2.7 PDC

Per Kjetil Grotnes perkjetil.grotnes at pbe.oslo.kommune.no
Tue Dec 10 08:56:00 GMT 2002

> The Win2k clients that have problems are ONLY Terminal Server machines.
> Workstations do NOT have the problem.  Win2k Terminal Server shares
> multiple users over the one connection.  One connection = one pid.
> After applying the 2.2.6-2.2.7 patch minus bits regarding the %U, we
> have had no further problems with the home share issue that I
> described.  Yesterday, I happened to be watching the log file (tail -f)
> of one of the TSs as someone else logged on.  I was on the same Terminal
> server.  Just after they connected, I tried to access my H: drive
> (mapped to the home share) and got errors accessing both on the W2k
> screen and in the log file.

I agree that your problem is not with the authentication which I described.

I see you are using the samba machine as domain master.  I have no experience with this
setting so I cant comment if there is something strange there.

> # I snipped some printing, locking and other similar junk out.
> ÆhomesÅ
>    comment = Home
>    writable = yes
>    valid users = %S
>    nt acl support = no
>    oplocks = no
>    path = /md3/profiles/%U
>    share modes = no

The only thing I can see is diffrent from ours here is the /path/md3/%U.  We use
/path/md3/%S.

Other than that there might be som TS registry settings (vaguely remember something about
file link tracking) I am unsure.  And I agree that the MultipleUsersOnConnection is sorely
missed on W2K TS.

Sorry that I cant be of any more assistance.

Regards
Per Kjetil Grotnes
---
IT-Seksjonen, Plan- og bygningsetaten, Oslo Kommune
Tlf: 22 66 26 61, Fax: 22 66 26 65