[Samba] Re: serious problem with W2K TS and 2.2.7 PDC

Robert Stuart Robert.Stuart at qsa.qld.edu.au
Tue Dec 10 05:34:42 GMT 2002

Tomoki AONO wrote:

> In <3DF3D032.3F349CD0 at qsa.qld.edu.au>,
> Robert.Stuart at qsa.qld.edu.au wrote:
>
> >> RedHat 7.3 PDC server with samba 2.2.7 rpm rebuilt with max connections
> >> patch and ldapsam and a few other minor changes, openldap 2.0.23-4.
> >>
> >> Windows 2000 Terminal Server with SP3, with various pre SP4 updates
> >> too.  Various Win2K Pro, Win95 OSR2 clients.
>
> >> Is it likely that the %U expansion fixes broke this - some assumption
> >> with one pid/connection == one user?
>
> Yes. Would docs/Registry/WindowsTerminalServer.reg (in
> source file. I don't know where it place in the package)
> solve your problem?

Unfortunately not.  This reg file only applies to Windows NT 4.0
Terminal Server Edition.  It has no effect on Win2K.  I think its really
silly that it doesn't, specially as TS/Citrix tuning info specifically
suggests that this get turned on for NT4.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Robert Stuart
Systems Administrator