[Samba] Samba and Windows 2000 Password Authentication

Ronan Waide waider at waider.ie
Mon Dec 9 23:50:01 GMT 2002

On December 9, DNeilson at westfam.com said:
> Is there a way to configure Samba so that all password authentication is
> done through the Windows domain controllers?

I presume you mean all samba authentication: join your server to the
domain. This is covered pretty exhaustively in the documentation.

If you wish your unix authentication to be done via Samba also, look
at winbind and the documentation for that.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
waider at waider.ie / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.
"Went to Lost World with Dave last nite before work. The two of us