[Samba] Problems with audit.c in Samba

Cejka Rudolf cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz
Mon Dec 9 16:45:04 GMT 2002

Hi,
  there is some problem with Samba 2.2.7 (and I think that with other
versions too) in VFS/audit.c: If someone have Samba compiled without ACLs,
default_vfs_ops.chmod_acl and default_vfs_ops.fchmod_acl are NULL, but
audit.c tries to use them in all cases and there is no possibility to
configure nor compile audit.c without ACL support so audit.c works just
with Samba with ACLs. I have fixed it myself, but I'm afraid that I couldn't
provide any good and distribution ready patch to deal with this problem,
so if you can fix it in a clean way, please do it.

Thank you very much.

[I have found some reported problems in Samba mailing lists related to
audit.c - you can ask if user has ACL support compiled in - if he doesn't,
the problem is very simple and obvious...]

--
Rudolf Cejka <cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz> http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~cejkar
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Information Technology