[Samba] SAMBA 2.2.7, compilation errors

Robert Lang robert.lang at verwaltung.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Dec 9 13:59:39 GMT 2002

Hello, SAMBA-team,

when compiling SAMBA 2.2.7 on my SMP-Primergy (1 GIG RAM, SMP with two
Pentium III 1 Ghz) i first get some compiling errors (different sources but always it' s
"warning : passing arg 1 of 'function' discards qualifiers from pointer target type") and
then finally compilation stops when beginning to link /bin/smbd with "lib/system.o: In
function 'sys_dlopen': lib/system.o (.text+0xc92): undefined reference to 'dlopen' and
some more other undefined references. I' m using gcc 2.95.3 and glibc 2.2.4 .
I couldn' t find help in FAQ' s or mailing lists so i decided to ask You now urgently
for Your help. Fast and working support would be more than welcome. Thanks in
advance anyway.

BTW: Samba 2.2.4 did compile without problems on the same machine and has been
working up to now without any errors.

With best regards and wishes of success for the SAMBA-team
(and of course hoping You can help)

Robert Lang

Robert A. Lang                 Tel.: +49 721 608 6600
Universitaet Karlsruhe (TH)    Fax : +49 721 608 4744
Abt. II/4, Raum 208.5        e-Mail: robert.lang at verwaltung.uni-karlsruhe.de
Kaiserstrasse 12
D - 76128 Karlsruhe