[Samba] I can't log into a NT( i could ); but can from another samba

Ken Walker ken.walker at textiles.umist.ac.uk
Mon Dec 9 12:55:01 GMT 2002

Last week i could log into a win2000 machine from a samba 2.2.2.2 machine.
But now I can't.

Using the same password and user name, which will not work now, i could
smbmount to a shared folder on a Win2K machine.

I installed a printer on the machine i'm trying to log in from.

Now, i just get access denied. If i look at the logs on the win2k, it says
wrong or misspelled password. I can log into that same win2k machine from
another samba using the same username and password, with no problems.

I can even smbmount from the problem machine to another samba machine, using
the same username and password. ( both samba machines have passwords=user,
both running LM )

now if i set up an account on another win2k machine, using the same username
and password, i can't log in from the problem samba machine, but can from
the other samba machine.

It seems to be sending a corrupt password.

Can anybody suggest anything.

Many Thanks ( and to all those who have help me in the past)

Mr Smiley