[Samba] Printing problems

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Mon Dec 9 05:03:01 GMT 2002

I know nothing about cups.

Here is what I would do.

I would change the print command in my smb.conf to something like echo "have
printed this thing %s" > /tmp/junk

The file should be saved on your hard drive somewhere, in the spool directory
you made for it with the name %s.

Try cat'ing the file to /dev/lpX, and see if it prints properly. This will
bypass the cups printing software.

You might also try to figure out what cups is doing with this file after it
lands on your hard drive.

Joel