[Samba] Printing problems

Stephen Kuhn stephen.kuhn at gmx.net
Mon Dec 9 04:40:01 GMT 2002

On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 15:15, Joel Hammer wrote:
> Just some random thoughts:
>
> Do you know what commmand is actually being sent at the end of each line? Is
> is really a newpage command?

Yeppers, shore is...

> Is there a DIP switch on the printer that may affect this behavior?

It's a WinPrinter - no such thing as a DIP on it...

> Does this happen when you attach the printer directly to a windows client?

Nope. If I discon the prn from this box and stick it on a Win box, it's
happy.

> Can you print successfully from the linux server to the printer?

If I print directly from linux, it's happy. Prints directly from Win,
it's happy. Print through SAMBA, it freaks out.

--
Mon Dec  9 15:35:00 EST 2002
  3:35pm  up 19:20,  5 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.07

   .o0 linux user:267497 0o.
--------------------------------
|            __    __          | kühn media australia
|           /  \ /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kühn
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: skuhn at telpacific.com.au
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: stephen.kuhn at gmx.net
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU
Coralament*Best Grötens*Liebe Grüße*Best Regards*Elkorajn Salutojn

Gumperson's Law:
	The probability of a given event occurring is inversely
	proportional to its desirability.