[Samba] No mapping between usernames and ID's was done

S. Loeffler sloeffle at columbus.rr.com
Mon Dec 9 02:59:01 GMT 2002

To Whom This May Concern,

	I am getting the error "No mapping between usernames and ID's
was done" when trying to add a Win2k SP2 box to my Samba domain. I have
checked various smb.conf files and not noticed that I am missing
anything etc. I was able to get to this machine to join a samba domain
approx 6 months ago but had to scrap the domain due to my samba box
dying. I have hacked the windoze registry and taken out any relics of
this machine being on a previous samba domain.

	I have enclosed my smb.conf file, any suggestions would help. I
am also running FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE and installed samba via the FreeBSD
ports collection.

Thanks,
Scott

[morningwood-2] log # more /usr/local/etc/smb.conf
# from morningwood-3 (192.168.1.5)
# Date: 2002/12/08 18:03:10

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = MORNINGWOOD
        netbios name = MORNINGWOOD-2
        server string = Samba Server
        domain admin group = @wheel
        add user script = /usr/sbin/adduser -n -g machines -c Machine -d
/dev/null -s /bin/false %m$
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        log file = /var/log/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_KEEPALIVE
SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
        logon path = \\%N\profiles\%u
        logon drive = Z:
        logon home = \\home\%u