[Samba] Serious recurring problem with Samba 2.2.7

Matthew R J Anderson MAnderson at iddx.net
Sun Dec 8 22:15:59 GMT 2002

I apologize for the terse message.  I will volunteer as much information as
possible.

I know that samba is the cause of this problem because on several occasions
when network traffic fails I have killed smbd and nmbd from the console, and
afterwards the problem disappeared immediately.

Both of the servers are running fairly rudimentary configurations to allow
/tmp and home directory access from Windows clients.  I can post configs if
needed.

Basically, I'm wondering if anyone knows of any scenarios where this strange
behavior can happen.

This morning I reconfigured the servers to use only one interface of the two
that are in the machine (they're multihomed) and while I haven't had any
problems since then, I am not convinced that the problem is solved.
However, I'd like to know if anyone has heard of this problem on multihomed
machines?

Thanks again, I can provide any information about the server machines that
is needed.

-Matt