[Samba] Serious recurring problem with Samba 2.2.7

Matthew Anderson MAnderson at iddx.net
Sun Dec 8 19:21:01 GMT 2002

Hey guys, I'm new to watching the list, and while I'll be looking through
the archives as soon as I'm done sending this, I thought I ought to post my
problem anyway.

I'm running 2.2.7 on two machines on my network, with a 2k server running
WINS.

Periodically, when samba is running, network traffic to various places dies.
It gets restored, and it dies, randomly.

Most of the time, it's intranet traffic, i.e. traffic on the local network..
But periodically, it affects Internet traffic as well.

I know that samba is causing the problem, but I don't know why, what to look
for in the logs, nor how to debug the problem.  Any help you can give is
much appreciated.  Thanks!