[Samba] "checking whether to support ACLs... no"

Jacob Malmberg thundercall1 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 8 02:55:00 GMT 2002

Hi,
This problem is really getting frustrating. I have set up my debian 3 box w/
kernel 2.4.2 patched for ext2/3 ACL support. I have also installed all
utilies, both attr and ACL. I have joined the box to my domain using winbind
and smbpasswd. I can set permissions all right using setfacl with
domain+user but when I try to change permissions via LAN using w2k/xp I get
access denied/or it just erases my changes. Also, the permissions do not
seem to be the same on samba and the rest of the system, since my changes
using setfacl doesnt show up if I try to change permission with w2k/xp. Im
using samba 2.2.7 and the latest acl patch. Any thoughts anybody? Help is
very appreciated.

regards,
Jacob