[Samba] Unable to connect to domain

Carmon, Joseph [gh464753] carmonj at chartermi.net
Sat Dec 7 02:14:00 GMT 2002

When attempting to connect to my Samba 2.2 server from
windoes 2k I get the following message after I enter my
root name and password.

The following error occurred with attemtping to join the
domain "Home"

The specified domain does not exist or could not be
contacted.

However when I look at my network places I can see the
workgroup.

Any help on this is appreciated

Here is my smb.conf file

# This is the configuration file for Samba on my home
netwrok. It will consist
# of a shared directory for all, private home directories
including login
# scripting for win98, win2000, and winME it will also
include a shared
# Epson980 Stylus color printer. This configuration file is
for Samba Version
# 2.0. Samba 3.0 is in alpha testing currently, and doesin
fact include
# support for Active directory. the SWAT interface is NOT
active.
[global]
     admin users = root
     wins support = yes