[Samba] Printer wont appear in samba...

Todd toddz at trico.org
Fri Dec 6 21:01:03 GMT 2002

Hi.  I cant seem to understand why my printer wont appear in Samba.  I added
the printer using the Printtool.conf and I can print to it from the Linux
server but, I cant see the printer in my Network Neighborhood when I go
browse for its share.

I have a total of 7 printers on my network where one of them is connected to
a jetdirect box that has two ports on it: JETDIRECT 500X.  I can see the
printer attached to printer port 1 which is a HP Laserjet 6P but, I cant see
the inkjet 1120C, why?  I have it set up to port 9101.  Does samba not
listen on port 9101 only 9100?

I tried even moving the printcap entry for the printer to the top of the
printcap file.  I even updated my kernel and lprng print system to no avail.
I am running samba 2.2.1a on a red hat advanced server distribution.  What
am I missing?  I have racked my head against the wall for weeks on this and
can't seem to figure out what I am missing.

Sincerely,

Todd Zashin
System Administrator
Trico Electric Cooperative, Inc.