[Samba] Re: ACL issues still unresolved (Andrew Furey)

Tom Hallewell hallewellt at rfa.org
Fri Dec 6 15:40:02 GMT 2002

It sounds like smbd isn't linking to the acl libs-have you run ldd against
winbindd to see if it is linking to libacl.so.1?
I recently had very similar symptoms running 2.2.7 under Debian and I found
that I wasn't compiling against the acl libs.
Make sure you have the line (this might work best if you put this line
before --with-msdfs)

--with-acl-support in debian/rules,

Plus you have to

   vi debian/config.cache
    --> replace "ac_cv_header_sys_acl_h=${ac_cv_header_sys_acl_h=no}"
         with "ac_cv_header_sys_acl_h=${ac_cv_header_sys_acl_h=yes}"

I got this info from Max-http://homex.subnet.at/~max/comp-12_xfs.php
Good luck.

Tom Hallewell
Radio Free Asia