[Samba] ACL issues still unresolved

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Fri Dec 6 15:23:01 GMT 2002

That's pretty much what I did.  It was just as well, since the original
permissions turned out to have no relation to reality anyway. ;)

Default ACLs are your friend, by the way.  If you set the default folder
ACLs to reasonable values the file ACLs pretty much take care of themselves
from then on.  This has been the best thing that ever happened to my company
as far as data integrity goes -- departments can't inadvertantly screw up
each others' files anymore.