[Samba] mapping drive in XP hangs

Marc Wrubleski mlwruble at math.ucalgary.ca
Fri Dec 6 00:27:01 GMT 2002

Hello list,

I have been using samba (was last at 2.2.2) sucessfully for nearly two
years on my solaris systems as the file server to my pcs. Recently
(since last friday) my XP boxes cannot map a drive, and auto-mapped home
dirs cause a huge timeout of over 15 minutes!

Nothing has changed in my config file, nothing changed on the system.
Just to try something, today I upgraded to 2.2.7, but still the same
behavior.

I am completely out of ideas as to what to check. I have looked at the
log files, but found nothing of interest, presumably because It just
hangs, not fails.

Note that our Domain services are provided by separate NT Boxes, and so
the registry mods make no difference.

Please, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

--
Marc Wrubleski <mlwruble at math.ucalgary.ca>
University of Calgary, Math & Stats Department

smb.conf:

[global]
   workgroup = MATH_DOMAIN
   guest account =
   log file = /usr/local/samba2.2.7/logs/log.%m
   hosts allow = xxx.xxx.61.0/255.255.255.0
   hosts deny = 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
   hide dot files = yes

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories