[Samba] samba troubles

Tyler Durdin linuxgeek23 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 5 17:30:03 GMT 2002

I am running samba on Rh 7.3 serving windows XP machines on a small network
(fewer than 10 cpts). I am experiencing very long delays logging onto the
network (2-5 minutes) my clients are assigned IP's via DHCP and I am using a
DNS server not located in my building (not allowed to run my own) can anyone
help me figure why my logins take so long? I also have trouble when I logout
(not shutdown, just logout) and log back in my network drives are not
restored, is this because I am using DHCP? Thanks in advance for the help,
it's greatly appreciated.