[Samba] swat not working this time

Mike Stewart mike at powys-training.co.uk
Thu Dec 5 16:36:00 GMT 2002

Hi again,  I've just reinstalled RH 7.2 and Samba 2.2.7 for the unpteenth
time.... this time swat is not working !!!  I have checked the etc/services
file and swat 901/tcp is in there and I have a text file named swat in
etc/xinetd.d directory containing the following...

service swat
{
port = 901
socket_type = stream
wait = no
user = root
server = /usr/local/samba/bin/swat
log_on_failure +=USERID
disable = no
}

I can't access is from either the browser on my PC or from KDE's Konqueror

Have I missed some vital step ?  It all worked last week when I
first/second/third installed everything but I've been busy installing M$
Windoze 2000 for a few days and my brain is addled.

TVM

Mike