[Samba] Win2000 and Samba

Dragan Krnic dkrnic at lycos.com
Thu Dec 5 15:15:01 GMT 2002

>... I would recommend checking to make sure that the "Automatic
>Update" (Pisses me off to all hell) Service is not running on
>your Windows 2000 Workstations. If it is, then they might have
>recently downloaded a nice little "fix" from MS that tosses your
>Samba server for a loop. In any case, you might be able to uninstall
>whatever "fix" was recently added to the machine.

Wait, wait, Robert! Are you talking about a specific M$ "fix", or
was it just a general suspicion?

The power to obstruct Samba by way of automatic "fixes" is in M$
hands. They experienced the same hostile treatment from AOL when
they were warring over Instant Messenger.

If you know of any disturbing fixes, please name them as an alert.

Dragan