[Samba] ACL issues still unresolved

Andrew Furey andrew at terminus.net.au
Thu Dec 5 08:01:02 GMT 2002

Hi all,

The two problems I'm having with ACLs on a W2k domain are still no
closer to a solution. To wit, they were:

(a) Users accessing the ACL properties dialog on W2k can modify and
remove existing ACLs on a given file, but they cannot add new ones (that
can only be done with setfacl on the cmdline; the changes are then
recognised);

(b) In said ACL properties dialog, the usernames displayed are the UNIX
ones, not the ones converted with the username map option.

Does anyone have any more suggestions on these? I would have thought
that the first problem particularly was quite critical. Should I take it
to the samba-technical list?

Any thoughts much appreciated.

--
ANDREW FUREY <andrew at terminus.net.au> - Sysadmin/developer for Terminus.