[Samba] (fwd from james.briar@merton.gov.uk) Password query

Martin Pool mbp at sngrel4.hp.com
Thu Dec 5 03:00:01 GMT 2002

[why do people think mailing the postmaster is a good idea?]

----- Forwarded message from James Briar <james.briar at merton.gov.uk> -----

From: James Briar <james.briar at merton.gov.uk>
Subject: Password query
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 13:35:33 -0000
To: "'mailman-owner at lists.samba.org'" <mailman-owner at lists.samba.org>

I'm getting a password error when i do CTRL/ALT and DELETE on my PC, select
Change Password and enter my network id, the samba domain and the old/new
passwords. The error is "Unable to change the password on this account
(c00000BE). Please consult your system administrator.". I was able to change
my samba password a short while ago but for some reason i'm getting this
error. We've installed samba on a Sun solaris unix box (Solaris 8) and the
samba version is 2.0.5a. I can change my network login password ok by
selecting the domain that controls the NT users and passwords. Not sure if
this error is something to do with samba on the unix server or something to
do with the NT side of things. On the unix side there's nothing shown in the
two samba logs (log.nmb and log.smb). Also nothing has changed on samba
since it last worked.

James Briar
Technical Support
Chief Exec Dept - Infrastructure - 6th floor
Ext 3807

We would like to wish seasonal greetings to all our residents, organisations, businesses, customers and suppliers.  For details of Council office opening hours and other information relating to the Christmas and New Year period please visit http://www.merton.gov.uk/christmas/
the system manager.
Postmaster at merton.gov.uk
http://www.merton.gov.uk