[Samba] Admin users cannot delete files

Pontor Zsolt poirto at freemail.hu
Wed Dec 4 19:24:01 GMT 2002

Hi all,

Im using samba 2.0.7, with many shares, and its working fine on a RH 7.1
system. We have many users, and workgroup, and now i would make shares,
which could be writeable for all (i mean everyone can copy files there), but
just few of the users would be able to delete those files.
I found to use the admin users section in the conf file, but its not working
well. One of the admin users can delete files (and mostly just from one
computer), but the other cannot !!

Can anyone help me ?

my config is:
[global]
        client code page = 852
        workgroup = XXX
        netbios name = TEST
        server string = Samba %v
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        ssl CA certFile = /usr/share/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        max log size = 0
        preferred master = Yes
        dns proxy = No
        hosts allow = 148.6. 10.1.1.
        printing = lprng
        invalid users = root bin daemon adm sync shutdown halt mail news
uucp gopher
        security = user
        null passwords = yes

[Test Area]