[Samba] Debian Samba Versions

Irving Carrion icarrion at allinterior.com
Wed Dec 4 18:28:00 GMT 2002

Thanks for the link.

I don't how to solve the workstation problem and the logs look to
cryptic for me.  It doesn't make any sense as the machine accounts were
verified using pdbedit to export info from passtdb.tdb.  And what really
boggles me is that if I use the W2k GUI to un-join then re-join the
domain it works again for that workstation.  However, if I manually
remove the machine doing:

smbpasswd -x -m $myname
userdel $myname"$"
useradd -d /dev/null -g 100 -s /bin/false -M $myname"$"
smbpasswd -a -m $myname

it DOES NOT work.

I received a patch from someone from the list who has gotten the SNAP
server to work with Samba 2.2.7.  So I think I'm gonna head away from
unstable and just use the stable version.  We'll see what happens.

Thanks!
IRV