[Samba] Help Moving to NT DHCP

Wagner, Mike Mike.Wagner at am.wackergroup.com
Wed Dec 4 16:16:00 GMT 2002

Hello,

I am using Samba 2.0.7 on several Unix servers to enable access from
hundreds of NT users at this company. The mentality here is, if it works do
not touch it, so an upgrade to Samba is frowned on unless a driver exists.

The Microsoft NT administrator wants to move from the Unix maintained DNS
world to DHCP on NT. He has sold my boss on this idea. I am somewhat
overwhelmed by the wealth of information and have little time to become a
Samba expert. I would like to benefit on the experience and kindness of this
user group for some education. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

What needs to be done to enable a transparent move to DHCP?

Thanks,
Mike