[Samba] Question on using CIFS VFS client with DFS share

Wiederholt, Tod Tod.Wiederholt at McKesson.com
Tue Dec 3 22:17:01 GMT 2002

I am attempting to connect to a Win2K DFS share using RedHat8.0 with the
CIFS VFS 0.5.8 kernel module.  I am receiving errors in my system log
"NT_STATUS_PATH_NOT_COVERED" and "NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_DEVICE".  I have
created a single share on one of my DFS servers and was able to connect
to that without a problem, however, when I attempt to mount the DFS
share I receive the errors listed.  I have also attempted to connect
directly to the physical share and that appears to not work as well.  I
should mention that I cannot access my ADS machine from my client
connection and I am wondering if that is the problem?  Any help with
this would be appreciated!!!

Tod