[Samba] Large file problem..

LordThundering blitz at lordthundering.de
Tue Dec 3 21:09:00 GMT 2002

hy guys..
On our schoolsystem, we're using samba for backup purposes, to backup a
windows filesystem on a linux machine. But the files, >6 Gb, in a Windows
200 share mounted by smbmount, are suddenly about 2.0T big :-) (at least in
the summary, the file itself is 16E big.. so it's certainly a filesystem or
mount error).

the same things happen when we're doing a large file copy from another linux
systems (i know, we shouldn't use smbmount here, but it was the easiest to
tunnnel :)

here are some facts:
windows 200 fileserver, windows 2000 advanced server

linux box, red hat 7.1 with samba 2.2.5

i didn't find anything about such a problem before.. so.. i would like to
know if anybody has any solutions for thsi..
thx
patrick