[Samba] transferring profiles

Chris Mason masonc at masonc.com
Tue Dec 3 19:14:00 GMT 2002

Actually I found the correct procedure -
Share the profile directory
As the administrator, select Control panel, system, users profiles
Select user profile you want to export
Select "Copy to"
Select folder to put profile in
And here is the clever part
Select Everyone in the "Change" permitted to use box.
Profile will be exported with permissions to allow the new user to use
it.

It has worked well, although outlook data is still in the original
folder, which is a real pain to move.