[Samba] help !!!!!

Vontobel Jakob miwy.forums at gmx.net
Tue Dec 3 18:28:01 GMT 2002

Hi

I use samba with cups and a Windows Nt domain for user authentications.

Now in this project that I’m been working we have a lot of users(2000) and
also a lot of printers(800).
The target of this project is to move the whole printservers  (this are
clusters printserver on NT machines) to RedHat Linux;
The authentication is still a Windows NT machine, which contains Global
users group.
With this user groups, we can also steering the view of printer to the
users.

Question: Knows someone, if it’s possible to change the view of printers
depend on windows user Groups? Because it ‘s not desirable that all users can
see all printer.
Is Samba able over cups and depend on Windows Nt Global group to limit the
printer view (or permission) to the Windows user.

Important is also, that I use samba, cups and an Windows NT domain for
authentication.

Could help me someone ?????

Michele