[Samba] winbind

Tom Hallewell hallewellt at rfa.org
Tue Dec 3 15:07:01 GMT 2002

It sounds like you want to include ACL Support, which I don't believe is the
default in most samba packages.
As ACL support is still an experimental kernel feature, you will need to
patch your kernel, and install Extended Attribute, ACL support and a
modified e2fsprogs so that ls, chmod, etc. work properly.
These, along with very good installation instructions, can be found at
http://www.acl.bestbits.at .
We set it up on a Debian machine with minimal headaches, the RPM packages
should make it a no-brainer on Redhat.
Then you will need to build a new samba rpm --with-acl-support to enable the
ability for granular permissions.

Good luck!
Tom Hallewell
Network and Information Services Department
Radio Free Asia
Washington, DC

Message: 11