[Samba] samba printer configuration

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Tue Dec 3 12:33:00 GMT 2002

I can't give you a short answer, but some pointers:
The basic command to print is:
cat file | smbclient //server/printer passwordstuff -c 'print -'
The file has be be filtered before it is sent.
There may be a script, smbprint, I believe, with the samba sources which
will do this for you and which will serve as the print filter on your linux
box. You will still need to get the proper printer driver.
Joel