[Samba] domain logon

Paul Casteels Paul.Casteels at ua.ac.be
Tue Dec 3 09:29:00 GMT 2002

Hello,

 I have changed the domain on my Win2k machine from a samba 2.2.1a to a
2.2.7 machine. Adding the machine to the new domain went fine and access
to shares are ok.
 With SP1 installed I get the error : Unable to login : netlogon service
is not running allthough I can connect to the netlogon share. After I
installed SP2, this message goes away but I get a check username/password
complaint allthough I can still connect to all shares when I do a local
logon.
 I can provide a level 10 debug if someone is interested.

Best regards,

Paul Casteels		Paul.Casteels at ua.ac.be	Tel: +32.3.8202455
						Fax: +32.3.8202470
University of Antwerp	Dpt.Physics
Universiteitsplein 1
B-2610 Wilrijk
Belgium

-- smb.conf

[global]
# --- identity
  workgroup = NATT
# netbios name = NATTC
  server string = "Nats backup-test"
# --- problems with win2k/sp2 profiles
  nt acl support = no
# --- printers
  printcap name = /etc/printcap
  load printers = yes
  printer admin = casteels
  use client driver = yes
#  default devmode = yes
  printing = lprng
# --- logging
  log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
  max log size = 500
# --- authentication
  security = user
  encrypt passwords = yes
  smb passwd file = /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd
# --- network parameters
  interfaces = eth0
# --- domain control
  domain master = yes
  local master = yes
  preferred master = yes
  domain logons = yes
  add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 100 -s /bin/false %u
# --- logon
  logon drive = Z:
  logon path = \\nats\%U\NTprofile
  logon home = \\nats\%U\profile
  logon script = logon.bat
# --- services
  wins support = yes
  time server = true

[netlogon]
  path = /usr/local/samba/lib/netlogon
  writable = yes

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   writable = yes

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /var/spool/samba
   browseable = no
# Set public = yes to allow user 'guest account' to print
   guest ok = no
   writable = no
   printable = yes