[Samba] Issues with Samba

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Mon Dec 2 23:33:00 GMT 2002

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, Dragan Krnic wrote:

> Good news, John! Profile migration tool is an answered prayer.
>
> But this is a slightly different thread. Karl Keogh here would like
> to give his users more rights because otherwise some apps won't run.
> By power user he probably means Administrators. So I suggested to
> join the group of authorized users (in a German locale it's "NT-
> AUTHORITÄT") to the local Administrator group.

This needs to be set either on each workstation individually, by making
the domain user a member of the local administrator group, or else by
creating an NTConfig.POL file using the NT Group Policy Editor that sets
makes the user a member of the local workstation administrator group. You
may have to first create the policy editor template to do this. You then
place this NTCOnfig.POL file in the root of the "netlogon" share. Then
automatically, as the user logs on, he/she will gain local administrator
rights and privilidges.

- John T.

Email: jht at samba.org