[Samba] Automounting a shared Windows Drive with

Robert Adkins raa at impelind.com
Mon Dec 2 16:34:01 GMT 2002

Hello,

	I have a few ideas about how to make my Linux server mount up a shared
folder on a Windows machine at boot time, however I would like to know if
there are other methods of getting it to work.

	I have considered building a startup script with a high number to have
the system smbmount the shared drive like a service, in case of a power
outage. I believe that would be considered a slightly messy method of
performing that task.

	Another possibility that I have looked at, is to create a cron job that
checks to see if the drive is mounted, if it finds that it isn't mounted,
the drive would then be mounted. This could work in conjunction with the
nightly data hot backup that I am implementing. Before making the copy,
the server can check and then mount the shared folder, if it is currently
not mounted.

	Does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions? Thanks!

Regards,
Robert Adkins II
IT Manager/Buyer
Impel Industries, Inc.