[Samba] Authentication of windows NT Clients

chris at cwalker.plus.com chris at cwalker.plus.com
Mon Dec 2 00:26:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

 I have just developed a website for the school I work, which uses Windows NT authentication, I have a domain with a Trust relation to my webserver (currently running IIS 4) I then am able to find the user who is accessing my page through the:

request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER")

command. Is there any way to replicate this using samba and apache webserver? so my NT clients can be authenticated no a Linux server their usernames can be found and preferences (i.e. Pictures, colour schemes) can be obtained???

Is this the correct place to write for such information if not can I buy andy books or contact someone else who may help?

Cheers

Chris Walker.