[samba] using samba as unix network filesystem

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Sun Dec 1 23:23:00 GMT 2002

man smb.conf
/NAME MANGLING

ought to answere your questions.
You will have to experiment.
Your problem is likely due to the fact that samba is acting like windows,
case insensitive but case preserving.
Joel