[Samba] weirdness when creating stuff in root of smb share

alex at kiwi aoclarit at kiwi.dhs.org
Sun Dec 1 13:01:01 GMT 2002

folks

running RH 7.3 (Kernel 2.4.19) and just upgraded to
samba 2.2.7 but the problem remains.
Whenenver I create a folder /file in the root of any share I
won't get a blinking coursor that lets me decide on the name.
Instead, the created thing will just be called "New Folder"
etc.. and I have to manually right-click on it to change the
name to something else.
When I try the same thing within this new folder though or
any other folder within the root of any share everything
works fine.
Anyone...?

thx

Alex